Why an Oscar Juicer?
The Oscar Juicer is known as one of the first juicers to introduce a single auger/screw that has had progressive improvements over the years. The Oscar Juicer rotates at 63 -80 rpm, producing no heat around the auger and ensuring a living juice without any loss of enzymes or nutrients. The patented design of the auger/screw, juicing strainer and drum creates a significant force which results in maximum juice, increased vitamin content and minimum pulp. The current 3-stage auger/screw has proved to be most effective in extracting juice from numerous plants and fruits and giving the highest yield.
Stage 1 - Here in compartment 1, the auger/screw takes in the food in large sections and gently but firmly breaks it into reasonable pieces so that the food content is pushed into compartment 2.
Stage 2 - In this section the food content is then broken down further, being crushed into small pieces.
Stage 3 - This is where the extraction happens. In this final stage, the fine pieces are forced against the wall of the drum cap literally crushing the juice out of the fruit/vegetable/herb or grass. The juice passes through the juicing strainer and the dry pulp is ejected through the opening in the drum cap.
Normal speed juicers and blenders destroy large numbers of life giving enzymes in the juice by subjecting them to heat, metal cutting blades and high speed centrifugal rotation. Rotating at a low rpm, the Oscar Juicer produces no heat and ensures a living juice without any loss of enzymes or nutrients.
Those living enzymes provide a fresh and vital juice which retains appearance, flavour and nutrients for many hours when stored in the refrigerator. Juice from conventional juicers deteriorates very quickly.
More reasons why an Oscar is a superior name in slow juicing
- Oscar Juicers are in the class of 'slow' juicers since they operate at a speed range of 63- 80 rpm depending on the model. The powerful motor chews the plant fibers and penetrates membrane of produce to extract minerals, enzymes and nutrients. You get all this goodness in a tasty cup of juice.
- Juicing is continuous and the pulp is automatically ejected.
- No heat build up plus quiet operation.
- Built in "reverse" to prevent clogging.
- More than a juicer - the Oscar Juicer also includes a blank screen also know as a processing strainer for purees, baby food and more.
- High juice yield and a very dry pulp.
- User friendly - this is one of the easiest juicers to assemble, use and clean.
- Optional attachment - ice crusher/slicer.