450 grams carrots (thinly sliced)
1 tbsp salt
1 tbsp grated lemon zest
1 tbsp grated ginger
2 cups water
- To make the brine solution, dissolve the salt in the water
- Add the carrots, lime zest and ginger into your fermentation pot then pour the brine solution over the carrots
- The vegetables should be fully submerged in the solution
- Cover with the lid and place in a dark spot and allow to ferment for approximately 5 -7 days
- After 5 - 7 days remove the contents and store them in the refrigerator, in an airtight container.
Carrots are an known to be an excellent source of antioxidants which are essential for boosting the immune system, good eyesight as well as fighting cancer causing free radicals.
Airlock – The uniquely designed gutter around the rim features an air-tight seal making this the safest method of fermentation.
Quality – Made from high quality ceramic material with an attractive and practical glaze, the Fermenta crock pot compliments any kitchen with its sleek design while ensuring that your ferments are safe to eat.
Capacity – At a capacity of 2 litres the Ferment is a very handy size, producing enough to store in the fridge and start again with another exciting fermentation project.
Weights – The Fermenta is supplied with weights to submerge the food under the brine out of contact with oxygen.
Hygienic – The Fermenta is glazed ceramic, a non porous material that does not absorb liquid.