- For your almond milk, soak 100 grams of Almonds (or the nut or seed of your choice) for 6 hours or overnight.
- Discard the water and rinse in clean water (Remove skins – optional.)
- Place the soaked nuts or seeds into the blender jug.
- Add 700ml water and a pinch of salt
- Blend on high until the nut or seeds are a fine paste in the liquid.
- Pour the liquid through a Nut Milk bag over a fairly large bowl.
- “Milk” the bag by gently squeezing out the milk until the pulp is moist. Do not squeeze until the pulp is bone dry. If making Nut Milk, set aside pulp for the Nut Cheeze.
- Keep a little bit of milk in the jug for the Nut Cheeze. (±2 tsp’s.)
- You now have delicious almond milk. If you prefer the milk to be sweetened, add the sweetener of your choice and a few drops of vanilla.
This will make ± 700ml of Nut Milk!
Almonds, the main ingredient in almond milk, are a good source of vitamin C, as well as known to have a good amount of protein and fibre. They are naturally low in sugar while providing your body with the good fats.