Nutmilk Bag from the Nut & Cheeze Making Kit
- Cut unsalted butter into cubes.
- Heat the butter in a pan over a low heat until all the butter has completely melted. Leave it simmer for a few minutes or until the foam rises to the top.
- Strain the contents through a Nut Milk bag over a heat proof container
- Empty the contents from the Nut Milk bag into a container and refrigerate.
Have you ever had a tasty indian meal and wondered what the secret ingredient was? It was probably ghee, A staple in traditional Indian cooking and Ayurvedic medicine, ghee or commonly known as clarified butter is made through a simple process of boiling butter and then pouring off the butterfat, leaving behind the proteins (casein and whey) and the milk solids (which includes lactose). What’s left is also known as clarified butter.
Much like butter, ghee has gotten a bad reputation over the past 30 years due to its high saturated fat content. But research has revealed that instead of increasing the risk of heart disease, ghee actually decreases it — and that’s not the only trick it has up its sleeve. Ghee made from grass-fed butter is packed with vitamins A, D, E and K.
You can use clarified butter for almost any recipe where you would use butter or cooking oil. It is excelent for baking, cakes. cookies, breads etc. Since it also has a high smoking point, it is also the better option for frying foods!
Vitamix 5200 Total Nutrition Center
Create every course of your home-cooked meal—from frozen drinks to creamy desserts—in minutes. The Vitamix 5200 is the universal tool for family meals and entertaining.
- Classic 2 liter Container
- Variable Speed Control
- High/Low Controls