Nutmilk Bag from the Nut & Cheeze Making Kit
- Cut unsalted butter into cubes.
- Heat the butter in a pan over a low heat until all the butter has completely melted. Leave it simmer for a few minutes or until the foam rises to the top.
- Strain the contents through a Nut Milk bag over a heat proof container
- Empty the contents from the Nut Milk bag into a container and refrigerate.
A staple in traditional Indian cooking and Ayurvedic medicine, ghee is made through a simple process of boiling butter and then pouring off the butterfat, leaving behind the proteins (casein and whey) and the milk solids (which includes lactose). What’s left is also known as clarified butter.
Much like butter, ghee has gotten a bad reputation over the past 30 years due to its high saturated fat content. But research has revealed that instead of increasing the risk of heart disease, ghee actually decreases it — and that’s not the only trick it has up its sleeve. Ghee made from grass-fed butter is packed with vitamins A, D, E and K
Vitamix 5200 Total Nutrition Center
Create every course of your home-cooked meal—from frozen drinks to creamy desserts—in minutes. The Vitamix 5200 is the universal tool for family meals and entertaining.
- Classic 2 liter Container
- Variable Speed Control
- High/Low Controls