How to assemble your Spyra-Gyra
- Your Spyra-Gyra is supplied with 1 flat blade. This factory blade is factory fitted and should be in place for all processes.
Replacing the Flat Blade
- Loosen the holding screws with a star screwdriver.
- Remove the blade.
- Refit the blade with the wide screw slot at the top, and the bend on the blade facing you.
- Replace the screws and hand tighten.
Fitting a Serrated Blade
- Loosen the thumbscrew on the right hand side of your spiral slicer.
- Slide the blade into the slot next to the flat blade. The arrow should face upwards and serrated edge towards you.
- Hand tighten the thumbscrew while holding the blade in place (from the back).
How to cut a vegetable
- Cut both ends of the vegetable off. A good 90-degree angle creates the best fit into your Spyra-Gyra.
- Push the fat end of the vegetable into the pipe blade end.
- Still holding the vegetable, push the spikes of the rotating disk into the other end of your vegetable.
- Place your left hand thumb onto the sticker labeled PUSH and simultaneously turn the handle clockwise.
How to clean your Spyra-Gyra
The Spyra-Gyra is easy to clean with a dishwashing cloth and mild detergent.
Note: The blades are sharp, handle with care.